Payment plans are available online in the Bursar Account Suite.
Fall 2021 Payment Plans
|Payment Plan Options||First Day Available||Last Day Available||Total Set-Up Fee||Payment Due Dates|
|5 Payments||Jul 15||Aug 27||$75||At set-up, Sep 10, Oct 10, Nov 10, Dec 10|
|4 Payments||Jul 15||Sep 10||$60||At set-up, Oct 10, Nov 10, Dec 10|
|3 Payments||Sep 11||Oct 10||$45||At set-up, Nov 10, Dec 10|
|2 Payments||Oct 11||Nov 10||$30||At set-up, Dec 10|
Once in the Bursar Account Suite, click on the Payment Plans menu option, select the plan you desire, then follow the steps.
Benefits of Enrolling in a Payment Plan
- Breaks your large balance into lower, more affordable monthly payments.
- Reduces and can eliminate your need to incur student loan debt.
- Avoid monthly service charges that are assessed on unpaid billed balances.
- Avoid a past due bursar hold allowing you to add or drop courses as needed.
- Must be registered in the current semester;
- Must have at least $100 in charges in the current semester;
- Cannot have a prior semester balance greater than $200.
Other Important Information
- Four plans are offered during the Fall and Spring semester: 2, 3, 4 and 5 payment plans.
- Two plans are offered during the Summer semester: 2 and 3 payment plans.
- Each plan has a set-up fee of $15 per payment: $30, $45, $60 and $75 for the 2, 3, 4 and 5 plan, respectively.
- Due dates are the 10th of each month during the semester for the respective plan.
- Scheduled payments are required when setting up a plan, meaning:
- The first payment is due at the time of set-up, and
- All subsequent payments will be automatically made in the early morning of their due date.
- Payments can be made manually, either with the same payment method or a different one, but the payment must be received by 5:00 PM the business day before the due date.
- The payment method associated with the payment plan cannot be deleted, however, it can be changed:
- See StudentInfo AnswerID 3150 for instructions.
- The change must be made by 5:00 PM the day before the due date.
- If the credit or debit card being used expires, the plan may become delinquent at which point a service charge will be assessed and a financial hold placed on the account.
- See StudentInfo AnswerID 3389 for instructions.
- All plans will include all charge balances in an account except Child Care Charges and Short-Term Loans.
- New charges and payments in your account will automatically adjust your remaining payment plan amounts, and you will receive an email each time your amounts change.
- Exception: An upcoming payment will not adjust for a charge that is added to your account within 14 days of the payment due date.
- Your payment plan agreement is always viewable in the Bursar Account Suite.
- Payment plans do not roll over into future semesters. In other words, a new plan must be set-up every semester.
- Visit students.unm.edu for additional information.
Payment plans are not available for students in the RN-BSN Program (see RN-BSN website for details).