Registration for the Spring 2022 semester begins Monday, November 8. Visit the Registrar's Office website for appointment dates and other information. Bursar holds will not be lifted the first week of registration for any reason. Beginning Monday, November 15, we will lift holds on accounts whose balance is $200 or less. See the Statement of Financial Responsibility and Billing Information and Dates pages for more information about balances and bursar holds.
Vax the Pack incentives are being processed weekly. After a student has submitted their vaccination record to the vax-the-pack site, and it has been validated by UNM, two separate transactions related to the incentive will appear on the bursar account within 10 days:
- The first transaction is a credit (a payment).
- It is what prompts the incentive payment of the $100 to the student.
- The second transaction is a charge (a refund).
- It is added to the student's account after the credit.
- It offsets the credit so the net effect in the student’s account is zero.
- It is processed as either a direct deposit or as a check ('refund'), depending on whether or not the student has direct deposit established for their bursar account.
The Bursar's Office is the central billing office for tuition, fees, and other student-related charges incurred by students. Our primary responsibility is to educate students and their families on their financial responsibility to the University. We do this by providing transparent and timely information as well as dependable customer service.
We are also the billing office for retirees of the University who choose to maintain their insurances through the University.
Other services we provide include the following: