Retiree Insurance Billing
Retirees of UNM who have chosen to continue with UNM-provided insurance are billed once a month for the portion of their insurance for which they are financially responsible. Billing dates and other billing information can be found on the Billing Information and Dates page.
Retiree Insurance Billing Statement Delivery Changes
In our effort to reduce printing and postage costs, and in alignment with Goal Four: Sustainability of UNM 2040, starting with the October 2023 billing statement, retirees will no longer automatically receive paper billing statements for their insurance premiums in the mail. Monthly billing statements will be delivered electronically and available in the Bursar Account Suite which is accessible in LoboWeb. An email notification will be sent when a new electronic bill is available for viewing.
Retirees may opt in to receive a paper bill by completing the form found here: Retiree Paper Bill Opt-In. You may opt in at anytime for future billing statements. If we received your opt in request, you will receive a paper billing statement in the mail and in the Important Messages section it will say, "You are set up to receive paper billing statements for your retiree insurance."
- If you have issues accessing the Opt-In page, you may call the Bursar's Office for assistance.
- For Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) issues, call the IT Help Desk at (505) 277-5757 or visit FastInfo 7823.
- For NetID assistance, please visit https://netid.unm.edu/netid-help/index.html.
Other Important Information About This Change:
- This change only impacts billing statement delivery. It does not affect how you make your payment including auto bill payment (through the Bursar Account Suite) if you're set up on it.
- If you do not have a Net ID, you will automatically be opted in to receive paper bills. No further action is needed on your part.
- If you are a widow or widower of a UNM retiree, you will automatically be opted in to receive paper bills. No further action is needed on your part.
- If you are not utilizing HR Benefits for your retirement medical, dental, or life insurance, then this change does not affect you. No action is needed on your part.
- If you opt-in now and change your mind later, you may call the Bursar's Office and we will make that change for you.
Questions regarding your bill and payments can be made by contacting the Bursar's Office. Visit our Making A Payment page for information on how to make a payment.
Questions about your coverage, change in status, or other details about your insurance costs must be made directly to Human Resources by calling (505) 277-6947 or by visiting their website. You can also visit the Retiree Benefits page found on the HR website.
Important Information Regarding Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
For assistance with setting up MFA, changing your registered device, logging in to TouchNet or if you do not receive a notification, please contact the IT Help Desk at (505) 277-5757. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional information about MFA can be found at FastInfo 7823.