As mandated by Chapter 21, Article 21D of the New Mexico State Statutes, and prescribed by UNM Policy 8210, a student may be eligible for a reduced tuition rate of $5 per credit hour if ALL of the following criteria are met:
- Student must first be admitted to UNM, which may take two weeks or longer. See Admissions website for information.
- Student is a New Mexico Resident:
- Student is age 65 or older as of the 21st day of the semester;
- Student registered on or after the first day of the semester with NO registration attempts prior to the first day (ANY registration attempt, including a Wait List, will immediately nullify your eligibility for the reduced rate);
- Student is registered for 6 hours or less.
Please contact the Bursar's Office with any questions.