The Enrollment Cancellation deadline is a date set by UNM, and prescribed by state statute, by which a student must make a financial commitment by accepting financial responsibility for current term charges and paying their entire prior semester balance or be dropped from their current term courses.
Students can view their Enrollment Cancellation Balance over LoboWeb, in the Registration & Records menu. Payment of this balance must be received by the Cashier Department by 5:00 PM on the stated deadline. Payment options are available. Failure to make the required payment will result in the student being dropped from all their current semester courses.
Please note that students registering after the Enrollment Cancellation deadline who do not drop by published refund deadline will be responsible for payment of all tuition and fees.Student Accounting generates bursar account billing statements, answers account inquiries from students, staff and retirees, and processes financial aid refunds.
Fall 2017 Enrollment Cancellation
- Enrollment Cancellation for Fall 2017 will take place at the end of the second week of classes: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 5 PM.
- Only students who have a PRIOR SEMESTER BALANCE GREATER THAN $200 will be canceled from their Fall 2017 courses.
- Fall 2017 financial aid will only pay $200 of a prior aid year balance.
- Check your Enrollment Cancellation Balance over LoboWeb in the Registration & Records menu and watch for our emails during the first two week of the semester.
- If you do not have a prior semester balance, you will not be canceled; however, you will incur service charges and a Bursar Hold will be placed on your account if you do not pay your billed balance by the bill due date or set up a payment plan.
- If you are not planning to attend UNM, you must drop your courses by the published refund deadlines or you will be responsible for 100% of your tuition and fees charges.
**Note** If you are a UNM Los Alamos Branch Campus student, please contact the branch business office as your enrollment cancellation requirements differ from the above.
Similarly, if you are a UNM College of Nursing RN to BSN student, please see the College of Nursing’s website for your payment and semester deadlines.